Wedding is the most special day of our life. Irrespective of our gender, we cannot help gushing about this day and do everything in our capacity to make this day memorable by all means- best attire, best decorations, best food and of course, best photography to make this day immortal for the rest of our lives. Days are gone when wedding photography meant pictures clicked on this day in traditional poses but today it is a huge task.
Today, we are more conscious of everything and thus want to capture every moment of our best possible day. The transition of being wife and daughter-in-law from a carefree little princess of her parent is not just the matter of time, it is an emotional trip. A major emotional shift takes place for both the groom and the bride. What could be the best way to still every moment of such an important day of your life other than a beautiful wedding portfolio.
So, here are some desirable features of an ideal wedding photographer.
- A professional wedding photographer must have some remarkable portfolio because it is only the good work that you are looking for. There should be variation and freshness in the work. Why should you end up with a portfolio that can be passed for some assembly line output? Let us take it for granted that the photographer is well versed with the nuances of photography but it is the concept that will take the cake.
- The best wedding photographer has to be a great planner. Today, wedding photography starts weeks before the actual day. The bridal photo shoot, couple photo shoot and pre/post wedding photo shoots are done. All these shootings are done in outdoor locations. It can be some park, lawn of some resorts or anywhere away from home where the subjects can be comfortable and be themselves.
- We call patience a virtue. Its extent of truth is tested when doing wedding photography. In most of the cultures, wedding is an elaborate event starting from the break of the dawn and lasts till night. It will be quite a normal thing if nothing happens on time. A photographer has to be patient enough to be through these events without making a fuss. This maturity is expected from a professional who is responsible for covering such an event.
- The wedding photographer must understand that you have entrusted him with all your dreams and desires of this special day. And as a professional, he is expected to honor them. It is the responsibility of him and his team to make you aware of the trends and styles that are in along with the classic themes that are evergreen. You should be guided by them while taking any photography related decision.
- Weddings are the events where all family and friends gather and look forward to having a gala time. Pictures taken with the loved ones are cherished for the rest of the lives. If the wedding photographer turns out to be someone rude and insensitive, nothing can be worse than that. The best wedding photographer should be pleasant, jovial and one who fits into any place- in one word, professional to the core who knows what exactly the job demands.
A concluding note
If your chosen photographer qualifies these tests, you can take a glass of wine and sit back to relax because you are sorted with one of the most vital parts of your wedding and that is photography.